The key to getting kids hooked on riding is to make it as easy and painless as possible, that way they're continuously stoked on progressing. Realizing this, the Burton Kids' Chopper Snowboard gets them up and riding with effortless mobility and catch-free turns. The Chopper starts young shredders on the right foot, with a ultra-soft flex pattern for easier turn initiation. This softer flex is essential for lighter kids rapidly progressing from linking first turns down the bunny hill to ripping up blue squares.
The twin shape of the Chopper allows for bi-directional balance when they're mastering falling leaf before transitioning to heel-to-toe carving. It's also a great choice when they're unaware of their preferred riding direction, as regular and goofy will feel identical due to the board's symmetrical geometry. Burton's Flat profile offers predictable tracking and reliable edge hold without the overly aggressive feel of a traditional camber profile. Another progression-friendly feature are Easy Rider uplifted base edges. This means they'll link turns without the repercussions of snagging an edge. And for towing the smallest of riders alongside the bunny hill, Burton includes a Riglet Reel on Choppers ranging from 80 to 120-centimeters in length.
- Beginner snowboard focused on helping little ones succeed
- Flat Top profile prevents edge catches while encouraging edging
- Twin shape allows them to try regular or goofy in the same run
- Super soft flex encourages manipulation and control of the board
- Uplifted edges are forgiving when the board goes sideways
- Extruded bases can take impacts so that one board lasts a long time
- 80-120cm boards feature a riglet feature for learning before bindings
- Item #BUR02IQ
- Q & A