Select style & size:Select options
Freestyle reconnaissance, from park hits to pipe walls.
Decked out in stealthy graphics paying tribute to Mad Mag's iconic Spy vs. Spy comic series, the Burton X Mad Mag Spy vs. Spy Free Thinker Snowboard takes a clandestine approach to the biggest jump lines and pipe hits your local mountain has to offer. It's based on the balanced twin shape and responsive camber profile of the Free Thinker Snowboard, which is ridden by freestyle visionary Danny Davis when he's destroying the competition on the pipe circuit and getting creative in the backyard park of his mountainside homestead.
You'll find it skews towards the responsive and stiffer end of the freestyle spectrum, seeing it's designed for blasting off pipe walls, spinning through the jump line, and cruising at high speeds across the whole mountain. Burton's Super Fly II core keeps it impressively lightweight and lively underfoot while 45° Carbon Highlights amplify energy transfer when you're snapping off the lip of monstrous kickers and initiating powerful carves at high speeds. And to ensure Danny has the confidence to claw up icy pipe walls, Frostbite edges dig into firm snow conditions with ease, seeing they extend outwards along the bindings where added edge control is necessary.
- Special graphics pay tribute to Mad Mag's Spy vs. Spy comic
- Based on the Free Thinker Snowboard ridden by Danny Davis
- Traditional camber maximizes pop, edge hold, and response
- Mid-stiff flex for boosting huge airs and sticking landings
- Super Fly II wood core is lightweight, lively, and durable
- 45° Carbon Highlights amplify energy transfer and snap
- Frostbite edges offer control in firm snow and icy pipes
- Sintered WFO base is the fastest base in Burton's line
- Item #BUR028Q