Give cold and wet weather a punch to the face.
Whether you're hunting big lines in Alaska's Chugach range or crushing your local powder stashes, the Burton Men's AK 3L Hover Mitten will protect your paws from the coldest and wettest weather. Gore-Tex 3-layer fabric provides unwavering protection from the soggiest snow, and it is breathable enough to wear when you're earning your turns on your splitboard.
The two included removable liners let you customize the amount of warmth you need given the day's conditions. For the extra cold days, throw in its Dryride Thermex fleece mitten, which is equipped with goose down insulation along the back of the hand to make it Burton's warmest option. On warmer days, just throw in the four-way stretch DryRide Thermex liner for a more moderate amount of warmth. This liner is also touchscreen compatible, so you don't have to expose your fingers to the cold to post pics from the lift. The Gnar Guard leather palm has enough grip to put the hold on slippery beer cans and resists tears when you poke out your grabs, and the ergonomic fit keeps everything comfortable for a full day of riding.
- Burton's warmest and driest mitten for backcountry riding
- Gore-Tex shell keeps the wettest snow at bay
- Goose down insulated liner option for ultimate warmth
- Screen Grab liner option lets you use phone
- Gnar Guard leather palm for grip and durability
- Fully taped seams prevent moisture from seeping in
- Removable wrist leash keeps you from losing mitts
- Item #BUR01DN
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I bought this as a gift and this is what they had to say:
I normally wear the Hestra Heli gloves, but when the weather gets really cold I grab these. They are super warm, sometimes too warm, but I'd rather have hot hands than frozen hands. The only downside to these is they are pretty thick, so getting your bindings on is a bit tricky.