Split-specific utility, bomber protection.
From brutal, wind-swept summits to heavy snowstorms, the rigors of splitboarding are numerous. Ideal for earning your turns in the backcountry in extreme weather, the Burton Men's AK 3L Freebird Gore-Tex Jacket provides an impenetrable barrier from raging winds, apocalyptic blizzards, and springtime slush. Gore-Tex C-Knit 3-layer construction withstands the heaviest snow and outside moisture. Not only is Gore-Tex C-Knit extremely waterproof, but just as important for the split crowd, its enhanced breathability means you'll stay pleasantly dry from the inside during sweaty uphills on the skintrack, and a bit of stretch enhances mobility during daunting ascents.
The lightest jacket in Burton's collection, the AK 3L Freebird Jacket easily stashes in your pack without taking up a lot of room. This is particularly handy for warmer days when you're skinning uphill without a jacket, but still require extra protection and warmth on the ride down. Another split-specific features are zippered bellow pockets at the chest, which keep your climbing skins from freezing solid on those frigid mornings. An internal dump pocket and zippered stash pocket for keeping essentials close at hand when you're miles from the nearest trailhead.
- Extremely light and packable jacket for the backcountry
- Gore-Tex 3L for exceptional waterproofing and breathability
- Gore-Tex C-Knit offers stretch for improved mobility
- Bellowed chest pockets designed for storing climbing skins
- Jacket-to-pant interface creates impenetrable snow barrier
- Adjustable hood seals out harsh winds and heavy snow
- Water-resistant zippers and sealed seams prevent leaks
- Articulated fit for superior mobility and comfort
- Item #BUR01WU