The peak of performance.
The path to the summit isn't easy and the weather can be unpredictable, but Burton knows that this not-so-easy path is worth every step of the way. That's why the Burton Women's AK 2L Summit Pant is equipped with Gore-Tex fabric, a functional fit, and a slew of features to help you conquer rough terrain in any condition. Guaranteed waterproof breathable two-layer Gore-Tex fabric stops snow, wind, and rain in their tracks while allowing vapor to escape so you don't get drenched with sweat on the inside.
Fully taped seams with Gore-Seam tape prevent moisture from seeping in through the cracks. Brushed tricot fleece and mesh are strategically placed throughout the lining to provide warmth where you want it and increase breathability where you need it. Zippered inseam vents dump heat on intense hikes or warm days, and a microfleece lining at the fly and waistband keeps you comfy throughout the day. Boot gaiters with cuff-to-boot interface keep your feet dry and Ghetto Slits make your pant legs sit just right on your boots.
- Take it to the top in total winterproof protection
- Waterproof, breathable Gore-Tex defends against the elements
- Fully taped seams further prevents any moisture from seeping in
- Regular fit is articulated for movement in the mountains
- Brushed tricot and mesh in the lining add dry, warm comfort
- Inner leg vents provide a quick escape for excess heat
- Boot gaiter protects against snow from sneaking in
- Item #BUR01FF
- Q & A
Awesome but huge
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
I have been eying these pants for some time so I was so excited to find last season's on sale! When they came and I pulled them out I was even more excited because they are exactly what I wanted in terms of material for backcountry ski touring -- gortex with super thin liner and good leg width for mobility. I am 5'3" and about 130 lbs, short in length but medium waist. I've ordered medium burton pants before and had a great fit, but these were HUGE. It's the only reason I can't give them a 5 star rating. The waist was double what I would have expected. So bummed!!! Back to square one...
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
I've put at least 25 days on these pants now, and a few weekends were I lived in them and slept in them.
They're awesome, with all the right features and none of the wrong ones.
Things I love:
- Freedom of movement! The AK series is targeted for touring and I have been splitboard touring in these a bunch. They definitely give you movement range to freely skin.
- Integrated gaiter/cuff to keep snow out of your boots
- Awesome zippered pockets including beacon-sized zippered thigh pockets
- Thigh zips (no mesh) for ventilation
- Goretex is impervious to water and resuscitates after being washed
- Right level of protection without insulation in a thick shell
- Velcro tabs in the waistband to keep it on your hips
- Jacket interface loop on the back waistband
- Belt loops!
- Have been bombproof in durability
- Dark blue color is attractive but not too boring
Love these pants! They have been worth the price to me many times over now.