Tell Mother Nature to bring her worst.
When Mother Nature brings the worst she has to offer, fight back with the Burton Women's AK 2L Embark Jacket. This durable piece of winter armor has a 2-layer Gore-Tex shell and lightweight insulation to keep you warm and dry through winter's worst squalls.
The waterproof, breathable two-layer Gore-Tex fabric blocks out wind, snow, and rain while allowing vapor to escape so you don't get drenched with sweat on the inside, and fully taped seams with Gore-Seam tape prevent moisture from seeping in through the cracks. Lightweight and low-profile Primaloft Silver insulation keeps you warm without weighing you down or restricting movement. It also has a downproof lining that provides a soft feel and helps the jacket slide on effortlessly.
The AK fit features engineered articulation to allow for freedom of movement, and it allows room to layer underneath without being baggy or bulky. Zippered underarm vents let you dump heat when you're hiking to the peak, and the contoured hood with a micro-adjust cinch shields your head when an unexpected storm suddenly rolls in. A removable stretch powder skirt with jacket-to-pant interface keeps the snow out during waist-deep days.
- Stand up to winter with this high-performing resort jacket
- Gore-Tex shell repels snow, wind, and rain
- Primaloft Silver insulation provides warmth without bulk
- Fully taped seams prevent set snow from seeing through jacket
- Contoured hood protects head and face from wind and snow
- Underarm vents dump heat quickly on short bootpacks
- Powder skirt keeps you dry if you take a tumble
- Item #BUR01SM
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Medium
- Height: 5'4"
- Weight: 130lbs
I was quick to purchase this jacket for the season, because I felt it was a no-brainer. I absolutely LOVE the Tea Camo/Forest night colorway of this jacket! The fit is very flattering, while also being insulated and equipped with the performance of Gore-Tex. I have full confidence of staying warm, dry and looking fresh on the mountain this year with this jacket!