Lightweight and grippy.
Despite all of our PBs, fat-burning dietary endeavors, and endless training, we can't all be like the Tarahumara. However, after an ego-crushing uphill jaunt, the Brooks Women's Mazama 2 Trail Running Shoe can certainly make you feel as though you were born to run freely and effortlessly. Brooks' lightest trail running shoe, the Mazama 2 features a barely-noticeable, breathable, and supportive upper that's outfitted with a DWR treatment for protection against puddles and light precipitation.
To further bolster its title, the Mazama 2 features a removable foam insole that allows you to customize your support should you require it, while the BioMoGo DNA midsole is highly adaptive and responsive, ensuring impact absorption from mile one all the way to mile 11. The Propulsion Plate cultivates a stable platform from which you propel power transmission, and is further supported by the full-length segmented Crash Pad which ultimately ensures a fast heel-to-toe transition so you can make the most of your stride. Additionally, a decoupled midfoot allows for an au-natural, flexible feeling when it comes to tackle rocky and technical terrain, and the rubber outsole is equal parts sticky and grippy, so you're able to put the pedal to the medal and go for that PB, even if you aren't a Tarahumara.
- Lightweight and supportive trail running shoe
- Upper is breathable and near-seamless for comfort
- DWR treatment fends off puddles and light precipitation
- Breathable mesh lining wicks away moisture
- Foam insole is removable for customized support
- BioMoGo DNA midsole is adaptive and attenuates shock
- Full-length segmented Crash Pad ensures fast heel-to-toe
- Rubber outsole touts grippy V-Groove lugs for traction
- Item #BRJ004U
- Q & A
For narrow feet only
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
These are nice shoes, but they run really long and skinny. If that's your foot type, then these may be perect. I normally wear an 8 in running shoes and normal width. These were much too long and way too narrow in the toebox for me.