Brooks hasn’t changed this saddle in 100 years for a reason.
Treat your hind-quarters to the posterior-pleasing handcrafted Brooks B17 Special Saddle. With more heritage than a museum of natural history packed into every hand-hammered copper rivet, the B17 Special Saddle’s not only easy on the eyes, it quickly molds itself into the ultimate rear-supporting saddle for touring, racing, and getting around town. It uses supple leather that molds to you with time, and may require some breaking in, but once it's softened it treats your sit bones to a hammock of comfort on short sprints and long journeys alike, reducing the need for ultra-padded chamois to cushion you.
- A heritage packed saddle with classy copper accents
- Supple leather breaks in for pure comfort
- Copper-plated steel rails are sturdy and reliable
- Stunning aesthetics are timeless on your steed
- Center vents allow sweat to escape, cool air in
- Classic saddle profile has been coveted for 100+ years
- Register your saddle with Brooks to extend warranty to 10-years
- Item #BHS0012
- Q & A
Can't Say Enough Good Things
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
This seat is comfortable and classic. I actually prefer to ride without my chamois with this seat, which is something I only did on short rides with previous seats. It wears in to your sit bones and gets more and more comfortable with time. This is definitely a buy it for life item.
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift but have feedback to share
Got this for my dad to go on his steel Bianchi. The shape and materials are classic and the ride can't be beat. Molds to your body after some use and is a great ally to chock up the miles.
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
It is incredible quality with fine attention to detail. The only reason a four star, I haven't ridden it yet!
I will follow up with another review in a few months after it is broken in and properly tested.
I'm 75, getting back into biking long...
I'm 75, getting back into biking long distances, on a cruiser. My butt hurts. I read that a Brooks leather saddle will cure that, over time. A B17N was recommended. How do I choose the style and size? I'm male, 5'10", 170 #.