The words "for the win" don't even begin to describe how exciting it is to slip on a pair of Brooks Women's Cascadia 11 GTX Trail Running Shoe. This fan favorite now comes in a Gore-Tex edition, meaning you can head out on those long, wet trail runs and fret less about your foot becoming a wet, waterlogged mass. This Gore-Tex membrane ultimately offers you the best in waterproof protection, yet the membrane ensures ample breathability and allows moisture vapors to escape easily—so your foot stays well protected and comfortable.
And the best part about the Cascadia 11 GTX is that it touts the same, dependable construction as its youngest sibling (the 11). More specifically, though, the grippy rubber sole is designed with integrated Crash Pad flex segments, giving you unprecedented sensitivity and control on all sorts of terrain, while the BioMoGo DNA midsole provides lightweight cushioning and shock attenuation. The addition of a forefoot Rock Shield keeps stones from destroying your shoes and feet. And with its 10mm drop, the Cascadia's certainly not a minimalist shoe, but it sure won't feel like you've got two-ton bricks attached your foot. So, now you can run in confidence—rain or shine.
- A weather-proof trail running shoe for all terrain
- Breathable mesh upper assures flex and comfort
- Waterproof Gore-Tex still allows sweaty vapors to escape
- Midsole attenuates shock and offers support
- Rock Shield prevents bruising and discomfort
- Segmented Crash Pad flex zones assure trail sensitivity
- Outsole touts lugs for serious traction
- Item #BRJ001Y
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
Ordered the same size as my Brook Ghosts. These fit much differently and just weren’t comfortable. They are narrower with less room in the toebox. Not a fan.
The colors and materials were excellent. The shoe looks great; just didn’t feel good.