- Merino wool gives this sock a texture that's supremely-soft and smooth against the foot
- Enjoy dry toes thanks to Endurofill synthetic fibers that help to move moisture away from the surface of your skin
- Stretchy Lycra fibers help this sock retain its shape and sit close to your foot
- Tall cut and cushioning underfoot means that these socks are the perfect match for mid and high-cut boots and trail shoes
- Item #GAR2759
- Q & A
Looks like a solid sock
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift but have feedback to share
This looks like an awesome sock. I am purchasing it for a gift, and I think the recipient will be excited. This is nice cushion to these socks, as well as the durability brought on by being made from merino wool!
Great Lightweight Socks
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
My latest purchase brings my total number of pairs of these socks to six, and the first four pairs aren't even close to worn out--I just want to have enough on-hand that I don't have to worry about whether the laundry has been done. I've had the first four pairs for around 10 years. I live in Northern California, and the winter temp does drop into the twenties and thirties at times. As light as these socks are, they still keep my feet warm and yet are more than suitable for summer day hikes. I've even worn them in to work on winter days (with casual clothes--I work in the Silicon Valley). Bottom line, comfortable in both cool and warm weather. Fit and wear well--I've had other hiking socks wear out in a few months. They look good without being flashy, not that there is a problem with flashy. In 47 years of hiking in everything from the mountains of New England (year round) to the deserts of the Southwest and California, to the Sierras, to crossing lava fields on the Big Island of Hawaii, these are the best socks I've ever worn.