Feel the wall beneath your feet.
Whether you're climbing in finals at a local competition or trying to send your hardest sport route yet, the Boreal Synergy Climbing Shoe is ready to offer you sensitivity and responsiveness so you can move make moves with confidence. The synthetic upper features a strap closure to comfortably cradle your foot, while the lining ensures your shoes won't become overly stretched and sloppy. When the hardest move on your route involves a techy toe hook, you'll appreciate that the rand and toe patch are one single piece, with extra rubber on the toe, giving you the friction and feel you need.
Boreal eliminated the midsole in the Synergy for a soft, flexible feel that gives you responsiveness when you're pushing down on tiny footholds or standing on slippery volumes. To top it all off, the shoe has a sticky rubber sole to provide reliable friction on anything from smears to micro-edges.
- Sensitive climbing shoe for competitions or outdoor sends
- Midsole-free design adds a responsive, soft feel
- Wrap Rand supports arch to provide strength and precision
- Lined upper minimizes stretch for performance fit
- Strap closure holds foot in position
- Extra coating on toe patch offers reliable friction on toe hooks
- Zenith Ultra rubber is sticky on smears or small footholds
- Item #BRF001D
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I was looking for new all around bad ass climbing shoes and these actually looked good. But, I haven't worn Boreals since 1990 (Lasers) and was very skeptical. Hadn't seen these, Synergy, in stores and not much about them online yet. They were delivered tonight and out of the box I was impressed. Not to difficult to get on and fit like a glove. They are super soft and sensitive. Going to be good for steep stuff. I've been wearing 5.10 Team Vxi for the past few years and these seem like they are very similar but more structured, sharper toe point, and have a way better system for synching the heal down.
Going to climb in these a bunch and hopefully post a follow up review.