Comfort is no joke.
Boreal padded the Joker Plus Lace-Up Climbing Shoe for the utmost comfort on multi-pitch climbs. Its Heel Fit and Cushioned Heel Systems cradle your heel in cushy EVA to soothe your foot's aches from jams, smears, and slabs. Boreal's Integrated Rand System works with the half stiff midsole to give the Joker Plus moderate asymmetry for the occasional edgy face move on multi-pitches. The Zenith Quattro rubber sole ensures long-lasting abrasion-resistance, and the split leather upper has breathable mesh panels and Lorica reinforcements to reduce stretching.
- Incredibly comfortable climbing shoe for long multi-pitches
- Moderate asymmetry assists with intermediate to advanced routes
- Split leather and microfiber upper stretches to fit your foot
- Padding and mesh paneling keep you foot comfortable for hours
- Zenith Quattro rubber sole ensures long-lasting friction
- Item #BRF0013
- Q & A
Bought as a gift for a first time climbe
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift but have feedback to share
This is what my friend has to say- These shoes are fantastic. The image makes the arch of the shoe look much more aggressive than they actually are. They are in fact quite flat which is okay for me now. After climbing with rental shoes for the past few weeks it is amazing to have a shoe that grips the holds. The only thing I personally have had to adjust to is how pointy the toe is. I am new to footwork, and rotating on my toe is harder with the point then it is with a rounded toe.
Great first shoes!
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I wear a women's 11 in street shoes and I have somewhat wide feet. Bought these so I wouldn't have to rent shoes forever. Size 8.5 after measuring my feet. Love them! Jumped from 5.6 to 5.8 quickly and they already feel broken in. Can step on much smaller holds comfortably with my toes.
Long term review - Have used these for close to a year indoors only. Since my last review, I've progressed to 5.10c and they are still comfortable. Love these shoes for beginner/intermediate climbing. Looking at some Mutants next.
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
it was a gift for my friend
she says she loved that it is the first time she uses this brand she recommends them