Your first shoe.
Every climber remembers the first shoe they slipped their feet into. For some it was a cowboy boot (check out the history for Goodro's Wall) while others dipped their toes into a local climbing gym's stinky rentals. For you, however, Boreal presents the Women's Alpha Climbing Shoe—an incredibly comfortable women-specific shoe with a low-volume fit, flat profile, and no asymmetry. Its moderately stiff midsole works with the Zenith Quattro rubber sole to help you learn how to edge and smear whether you're in the gym or at the crag. Don't expect the microfiber upper to stretch much, but do expect enough comfort out of the padded heel to climb long multi-pitches.
- A women-specific shoe for beginner to intermediate climbers
- Low volume, flat profile, and no asymmetry for incredible comfort
- Microfiber upper doesn't stretch much, and padded heel enhances cush
- Moderately stiff midsole helps you step on small footholds
- Zenith Quattro rubber sole ensures long-lasting friction
- Item #BRF0011
- Q & A
Great First Shoe
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
As a new climber, this shoe was perfect! Broke in quickly and gave me the confidence I needed to try more difficult routes. The rubber feels slippery at first but once you've climb a bit they grip more.
Ok beginner shoe
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
The shoe fit well and broke in quick. My one complaint is that the rubber is pretty hard and feels sorta slippery on anything less than absolutely bomber foot hold. Also came off when I started doing more climbs that needed heel hooks, but not all people are super into those climbs. In sum, ok for beginners still climbing easy stuff and for foot jamming, but I outgrew it pretty quick.
Ok overall shoe
Pretty good all around shoe for intermediate climbing. However, the sole ripped off after only a few months