The workhorse of SUPs.
Boardworks designed the Great Bear Stand-Up Paddleboard to be the ultimate touring and expedition board, with over 300L of volume for serious flotation and a single fin for powerful, straight-as-an-arrow tracking. There are a multitude of lash points for tying down gear or unruly passengers, while the hull's been thinned down and the tail widened for increased stability under loads and in choppy waters. The comfortable honey-fomb deck pad gives you cushioned support for individual who spend hours touring on the water. Of course, the Great Bear also uses Boardworks' EPX-V construction, which is light and durable so you don't wreck your board on the beach or in transit and is finished with bamboo veneer for enhanced stiffness and a traditional look.
- A streamlined stand-up paddleboard for long-distance touring
- Narrow hull and wider tail designed for efficient paddling
- Hand finished with epoxy and bamboo veneer increases stiffness
- High volume size enhances flotation for performance buoyancy
- Single fin set-up works to align steady tracking and maneuvering
- Soft and cushioned deck pad gives you all-day comfort for touring
- Dual storage straps holds large loads of gear for expeditions
- Item #BWK001Q
- Q & A
Best. Board. Ever.
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
Great Bear is an amazing board. I've been paddling one for about 2 years now, and can't imagine finding a board I'd like more. It's stable, fast, carries a lot of weight, and beautiful. It glides through chop easily. In my completely non-scientific tests paddling with my wife, Great Bear *clearly* glides through the water with less paddling effort than her board. It's well designed, the lashing points are perfect, it's just a great board. I'd recommend it to a friend with no hesitation.