Blue Sky Boatworks Blue Sky 360 Escape Kayak - 2019
Need advice picking the right gear for your next adventure?Talk to a Gearhead
Select style & size:Select options
Escape to the water.
- Catamaran-inspired kayak for paddle enthusiasts
- Twin-hull design offers speed, agility, and stability
- Innovative pedal system allows for hands-free forward and reverse
- Seat height, leg length, and backrest adjust for personal comfort
- 25sq-ft deck space gives room for comfortable space and storage
- Two easy-access storage hatches for efficient gear organization
- Industry-leading gear-attachment tracks for mounting accessories
- Integrated wheel deployment system and grab handles for transport
- Item #BSB0005
- Q & A
Nice stable platform
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
The Bluesky is basically a standup kayak bass boat with a pedal drive. It is very stable if you stay on the platform, but the pontoons dive if you stand on them to say clear something off the back. I mounted a trolling motor mount on the back of mine. The seat is very comfortable, the back slips when you peddle hard, but there is a simple mod to fix that just add another bolt and nut behind the slide. The factory support has been superb. I had one of the wheel receivers break and there is no pulley system to raise and lower the rudder. also a bit Mickey Mouse, but you can make a mod for that. This boat is pretty slow about 3.5 miles hour pedaling or with a trolling motor, which is ok if you are on lakes etc. Not a great boat in the wind. But for fishing the nooks and crannies and stand up fishing, I don't think you will find a better boat. If you are fishing rivers with current probably not the rig for you. I like the boat I can load it in my pickup with a bed extender and it is easy to launch and load. Needs a handle over the wheels to help to move the wheel .
positions, but very few faults. The tires that come with it are pretty lame and most owners replace them. All and all a very nice rig.