Why We Like the Choucas Harness
The Blue Ice Choucas Harness boasts an ultralight design—just 84 grams—making it the lightest harness on the market. The compact, superlight materials allow the Choucas to be rolled up to about the size of a fist, so it can be easily stashed away during fast-and-light mountaineering and ski mountaineering objectives. One of our favorite features on the Choucas, however, are the independent leg loops that can be opened up for easy on and off while wearing crampons.
- Ultralight harness for fast-and-light ski mountaineering missions
- Compact design rolls up the size of a fist for easy carrying
- Independent leg straps with opening system for easy on and off
- Two gear loops and ice screw keepers to keep gear organized
- Can be taken on and off with crampons on
- Item #BLX000V
- UHMW polyethylene, nylon
- Claimed Weight
- Recommended Use
- ice climbing, mountaineering, ski mountaineering
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 3 years
What do you think about this product?
September 14, 2021
Light but Burly!
- I've put it through the wringer
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 5` 0"
- 115 lbs
For such a light piece of gear, this thing has held up to some serious adventures. From Denali to the Evolution Traverse in the Sierra, it’s still going. The wide waistband makes it really comfortable (especially when you are hanging in it) and it’s so light, I forget I’m wearing it. I’m 5’0” and size 0 so it can be hard to find a harness that gets small enough around the waist but this still has more to tighten. I like that the gear loops have a little more substance than some other alpine harnesses, which makes it easier to rack gear. Great price too!