When avalanche bombs are piercing the quiet morning air as you patiently wait in the lift line, you know the conditions will be pretty good and you’ll want to make every lap count. Blizzard’s Spur uses a unique asymmetrical sidecut and tapered profile that allows the ski to plane edge-to-edge seamlessly in deep snow conditions in a way that symmetrical skis never experience. The ski’s angled tips dive into the snow in a lateral motion that makes it easier to keep your weight slightly forward, and flared tails provide an intuitive release point. Previously limited to a singular length of 192cm, the longest length available is now 189cm with shorter offerings available down to 159cm. The sidecut renders this freeride charger surprisingly nimble, considering its measurements, making it worthy of the occasional lap in the sidecountry. All in all, the ski’s original shape paired with rocker in the tip and tail and a girthy 124mm or 127mm waist make it a go-to ski for powder laps off the chair on especially deep days. Blizzard’s woodcore blend creates a remarkably stable platform with a full sidewall layer for extra confidence when straight-lining without a significant weight penalty.
This rockered design is outfitted with Blizzard's Carbon Flipcore Dynamic Release Technology, or DRT, which makes the ski easier to release from a turn in deep snow. Titanal and carbon layers work together to reduce swing weight, increase longitudinal stability, and make the ski less demanding to control in softer snow. The wood core gives you the right amount of flex and strength, sidewall construction boosts durability for big mountain terrain, and the large turning radius makes this ski perfect for rainbowing huge turns on untouched peaks.
- Unique big-mountain charger excels in deep snow conditions
- 124mm/127mm waist is the widest—and baddest—in Blizzard's range
- Rocker/flat/rocker profile shines in powder but offers sufficient edge hold
- Woodcore provides dampening reduce chatter when pow turns to chop
- Long turning radius and beefy sidewalls are well suited for freeride terrain
- Asymmetrical sidecut and taper allow for intuitive deep-snow turns
- Item #BLZF053
- 159cm, 169cm, 179cm, 189cm
- [159cm] 146 / 125 / 130mm, [169cm] 147 / 125 / 132mm, [179cm] 147 / 127 / 136mm, [189cm] 149 / 129 / 137mm
- Turn Radius
- [159cm] 20.5m, [169cm] 21.5m, [179cm] 24.5m, [189cm] 30.5m
- Dynamic Release Technology, sandwich
- multilayer woodcore, poplar, beech, balsa, paulownia
- partial twin
- Claimed Weight
- (single) [159cm] 3lb 15.5oz, [169cm] 4lb 3oz, [179cm] 4lb 8oz, [189cm] 5lb
- Recommended Use
- freeride/powder skiing
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
What do you think about this product?