No weather too foul.
Ultralight softshells are great when the only weather you really need to worry about is blue skies and cold winds, but when skies turn grey and a storm system settles in for a long and wet stay, you'll want the protection of the BLACKYAK Women's PALI Gore Pro 3L Shell Jacket. Built with a burly Gore-Tex Pro shell and fully taped seams, this technical shell is capable of dealing with the kind of weather that will make you bail from your objective and head back to camp.
Although highly breathable, the PALI gets a boost of breathability in the form of two large underarm vents. The tall collar provides additional protection from cold winds and biting temperatures, and the fully adjustable hood can be cinched tight for additional protection from the elements. It takes more than just Gore-Tex to make a functional shell, so BLACKYAK gave this jacket a streamlined fit that reduces bulk through the body and sleeves, but leaves plenty of room the for the mid and baselayers you'll need to wear to stay warm in the alpine. Gore-Tex Pro Stretch in key areas promotes mobility while climbing and skiing, and the addition of two large chest pockets will stow small pieces of gear that can be accessed when wearing a climbing harness.
- Backcountry Exclusive
- A technical shell for big-mountain missions
- Waterproof and highly breathable Gore-Tex Pro shell
- Fully taped seams prevents moisture from seeping through
- Fixed, adjustable hood offers coverage from the elements
- Stretch panels promote mobility while climging
- Underarm vents for quick ventilation while moving
- Two large chest pockets stow gear and snacks
- BLACKYAK was founded by mountaineers in 1973
- Item #BKY001N
- Q & A
Gore Pro Shell!!
Full Detailed Video