Mishima Hooded Jacket
For cold weather pursuits, layer up with the Black Yak Mishima Hooded Jacket. Its heavyweight fleece construction will keep you warm in cold, dry conditions and your core is further protected from the chill with a bonded stretch panel. The jacket's high stretch material keeps you exceptionally mobile so you can climb and hike in comfort while Cordura fibers ensure that brush ups with rocks won't totally trash the jacket.
- Fleece midlayer for warmth and comfort in cold, dry conditions
- Cordura fibers enhance durability for long-lasting wear and use
- Heavyweight fleece construction offers warmth on cold crag days
- Stretch material at the back ensures high levels of mobility
- Core is further protected from the cold with bonded stretch panel
- Comfort hood fits comfortably under helmets for added warmth
- Four zippered pockets securely accommodate daily necessities
- Elastic y-band at hem seals out the elements and keeps jacket snug
- Item #BKY0044
- Q & A
Great Fleece jacket
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Small
- Height: 5'8"
- Weight: 150lbs
This is a well fitting fleece jacket. The outside is smooth and does not pill up. The zippers work well, and the hood, although rectangular shaped when worn, is extremely warm! This with a hooded puffy is perfect for freezing weather.
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: large
- Height: 6'1"
- Weight: 190lbs
Incredibly designed and made product - form and function are top notch. I have several Black Yak items and they are all top quality. The hooded jacket is the perfect mid-layer. Get away from the standard fair brands and try Black Yak - you won't regret. BTW- I never leave reviews - this is my first - that's how much I've come to love this brand.
Unbelievable Midlayer Hoody
The BLACKYAK Mishima Hooded Jacket is ridiculously amazing. I typically use the Arcâteryx Fortrez Hoody or the Houdini Power Houdi when I am alpine climbing depending on the weather, but not anymore. I had a feeling the quality was going to be very good based on Blackyaks website and the amount of detailed information they provide, but I did not think it would be this good. Quality wise I would compare it to Arcâteryxâs level, however their designs are more mountaineer friendly (if that is even possible), and they are quite stylish too. The stitching is sound, and the material is fantastic (very stretchy and highly water resistant). Warmth wise I would say it is slightly warmer than the Houdini Power Houdi, but not quite as warm as the Arcâteryx Atom AR. The hood design is excellent, and it has a very soft fabric around the neck and facial area. I wish I would have had this hoody for when I went to the Matterhorn in April, but it will definitely be going with me up Rainier and Mt. Washington on a regular basis! I would buy a second black one right now if it were in stock, itâs that good!