Hailing from the Sibu line of Black Yak, the Caracu jacket, like the Sibu yak, easily adapts to weather changes in alpine environments. Made with GoreTex Paclite Plus, this jacket sheds water as it siphons condensation so you can scramble across ridge lines in alpine mist or light snow. Even when the weather improves, the breathability and stretch of the Caracu moves with you as you climb higher into the mountains.
If your alpine adventure includes roping up, the helmet-compatible hood will help trap heat beneath your helmet so you can keep your noggin safe from chossy limestone above. As perspiration from rapid alpine movement builds up, unzip the underarm ventilation to welcome a cool breeze while you maintain focus on your objective.
- Athletic jacket for mountain pursuits in wet weather
- GoreTex, 13mm taped seams, laminated zippers for total waterproofing
- Helmet compatible hood won't sacrifice warmth or safety in the alpine
- Underarm ventilation provides respite from internal microclimate
- Yak Hooks maintain secure fit to prevent sleeves from sliding
- Double-slider zipper to stay warm at the belay station
- Laminated brim keeps water from obstructing view of the trail
- Item #BKY0055