Select style & size:Select options
Be seen riding.
We love riding. We take every opportunity we can to get on the bike. That said, there are times when it's not advisable to just saddle-up and ride without taking precautions to account for conditions. For rides either side of daytime, Blackburn's Central 100 and Central 20 Light Combo helps address the number one problem faced by cyclists in the dark: lack of visible presence.
At 100 lumens, the Central 100 front isn't really ideal for midnight trail raids; however, it'll help you pick out dangerous potholes while helping you stay seen on late urban and suburban returns from work or a social outing. Its various settings stretch battery life from 3.2 to 21 hours between recharges. The Central 100 s paired with a 20-lumen rear light whose only job is to keep you visible with various run modes that extend up to 76 hours. We always like to be seen riding, but—at night—we need to be seen riding.
- A pair of lights for 360-degree visibility in dim conditions
- Multiple settings to ration battery life or adapt to light levels
- Meets safety standards stricter than typical bike lights
- USB charging refuels while you're on the computer
- Color-coded power LEDs keep you apprised of when to top off
- Easily strap on to virtually any bar and seatpost or clips to bags
- Small, thin profiles stash unobtrusively in pockets and packs
- Item #BLB004B
- Q & A
Good lights, bad retention system
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
These lights are good, they charge quickly and last a decent time. BUT the rubber mechanism breaks quickly, one broke in 6 months the other in less than a year. Blackburn advertises a lifetime warranty, but after 4 months (and a promise to get me new parts in 2 more months) Blackburn still can't fix the issue because the $5 part is NEVER in stock. Bottom line: good lights, bad retention system, and a joke of a warranty. Buyer beware.