As BLACKYAK's most advanced insulating jacket, the Men's Hybrid Jacket features a three-way combination of 750-fill goose down, Primaloft Gold, and Polartec Alpha insulation for optimal heat retention, low overall bulk, and greater breathability. BLACKYAK smartly places each insulation type in a specific zone relative to where it's needed most, with the body's vital zones using larger insulated chambers stuffed with 750-fill down insulation. Where less insulation is necessary, there's low-bulk Primaloft Gold along the waistline and sleeves. And seeing the need for greater breathability with a backpack on, the upper-rear panel uses Polartec Alpha insulation for air permeability, so you won't succumb to a sweaty back.
The jacket itself uses a lightweight Cordura ripstop body, 4-way stretch Cordura in active zones, and Polartec Grid fleece along the hood. This trifecta of lightweight, stretchable materials keeps you moving freely without premature wear and tear, as the Cordura fabric is highly abrasion resistant. The stretch-fleece hood fits snugly over your beanie or helmet, adding a low-profile element of warmth to this jacket. There's also massive stretch-mesh pockets along the chest, which make for easy stashing and grabbing of your climbing and backcountry essentials.
- Backcountry Exclusive
- BLACKYAK's most advanced insulated jacket
- Body-mapped insulation where it's needed most
- 750-fill down along vital regions for greater warmth
- Primaloft Gold along waist and sleeves for reduced bulk
- Polartec Alpha at back reduces sweat build-up with a pack on
- Lightweight Cordura Ripstop fabric is highly abrasion-resistant
- 4-way stretch Cordura in active zones for full range of motion
- Stretch-fleece hood locks in warmth in blustery weather
- Item #BKY0026
- Q & A
ISPO GOLD WINNER for a reason!
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
It features a host of different materials and technologies, including traceable goose down, PrimaLoft Gold, Polartec Alpha, Cordura Ripstop, Cordura Four-Way Stretch and Polartec Grid. On paper, that sounds like a disaster, but in practice, each material works in concert to create the ultimate winter mid layer.