Select style & size:Select options
Solution Guide Harness
The Black Diamond Solution Guide Harness is built for trad climbing. By combining an ultra-durable construction with Fusion Comfort Technology, the Solution Guide is designed to keep you comfortable and mobile as you climb. The Super Fabric withstands the abrasions that come with chimneys, offwidths, and rubbing against the rock on hanging belays while the Fusion Comfort Technology in the waistband and leg loops distribute your load while reducing pressure on sensitive points. The four pressure molded gear loops with an additional rear fifth loop easily accommodate your rack and the detachable risers allow drop seat functionality.
- Harness built for trad climbing with plenty of room for gear
- Abrasion-resistant Super Fabric withstands rugged use
- Fusion Comfort Technology creates load distribution for comfort
- Contoured fit enables a full range of motion when climbing
- Single waist buckle, elasticized leg loops offer a quick on and off
- 4 pressure molded gear loops easily accommodate your gear
- 5th gear loop at the back of the harness carries your extra kit
- Detachable risers allow drop seat functionality while climbing
- Item #BLD00Z5
What do you think about this product?
May 22, 2019
Comfy harness but gear loops too small
I got this cause it was on sale and wanted something more comfortable to replace my primrose harness. The primrose was heavier and would pinch my thighs when I hung in it. I had tried on the regular solution harness and thought it was super comfortable but not versatile enough with the small gear loops. These have the same size gear loops unfortunately, but have an extra loop on the back which will probably come in handy for my belay device and extra lockers when carrying a whole trad rack. I'm not sure why the loops have to be so small, this is my only qualm. I like the leg loops with elastic so I don't have to adjust them constantly. The fabric is indeed really tough feeling so I'm looking forward to seeing how it holds up groveling in cracks :)
November 29, 2019
I second this — the gear loops were surprisingly small to me coming from the BD Chaos. I also found the size chart incorrect. I took my measurements and ordered an XS and while I can get into it the gear loops sit in the wrong place and it's a little annoying to get on.