Solano Heated Glove
Warm and comfortable temperatures aren't all that conducive to powder skiing. In fact, the best powder days are usually accompanied with subzero temperatures, frozen nostrils, and cold fingertips—well, unless you have the Black Diamond Men's Solano Heated Gloves. Designed for the cold temperatures you'll encounter when the snow is blower, these gloves combine the dependable warmth you need for your day-to-day mountain exploits with a battery-powered heating element for those especially cold days on the mountain. The gloves are also equipped with a waterproof, breathable Gore-Tex insert for protection from heat-robbing moisture, from both the inside and out, so cold and wet hands won't be the reason you have to call it quits during an otherwise epic day.
- Ski or snowboard gloves designed for the coldest conditions
- Waterproof and breathable Gore-Tex insert keeps hands dry
- Battery-powered heater keeps hands toasty all day
- LED button controls let you dial in the right amount of warmth
- Waterproof batter compartment protects rechargeable battery
- Fixed fleece lining and PrimaLoft insulation for warmth
- Includes carrying case and charger with UK, UL, and EU adapters
- Item #BLD012O
- goat leather, nylon
- [back of hand] 170g PrimaLoft Gold, [palm] 100g fleece
- gauntlet drawstring
- Palm Grip
- Claimed Weight
- 1lb 0.3oz
- Recommended Use
- all-mountain skiing, all-mountain snowboarding, backcountry skiing, backcountry snowboarding, freeride/powder skiing, freeride/powder snowboarding, park & freestyle skiing, park & freestyle snowboarding
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
What do you think about this product?
April 7, 2021
Love mine, bought them here online
- I've put it through the wringer
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 5` 11"
- 155 lbs
Yes they could be better or last longer but, I am able to ski for 5 hours with warm hands. A leash would have been nice too. The biggest complaint I have is you cannot get extra batteries. Good luck trying to get a hold of someone at black diamond. If someone out there knows of a place that sells them please comment. I have had mine for three ski seasons and ski a min of 3 weeks a year
December 27, 2019
- I've used it several times
I am that guy that always has cold fingers. I always carry hand warmers and love my Black Diamond Guide gloves. I really liked the idea of having electric gloves to cut down on the waste of hand warmers and decided to spend the money to get it. My first complaint was that there was no leash for these cloves. A four hundered dollar glove with no leash?? Then I put them on. They were a bit tight in the hand area. I did not want to size up because I was hoping that wouldn't be necessary with a heated glove, but you do. Unfortunately that will result in extra bulk where you do not want it. Then there is the heat function. They are not super toasty like I had hoped. If you are on full power you may get 3-4 hours out of them. Even on full power they will not keep your hand toasty like typical hand warmers, they just keep them from getting too cold. On the second day the right glove started flickering and the third day of use it completely failed.
December 2, 2019
not recommended. Almost good.
- I've used it several times
So the reason why people go for heated gloves, is because they want to get even warmer in super cold weather around -10 to -20 degree Celsius. that means the gloves themselves have to be good. this is the fundamental thing to do. This gloves doesn't keep your hands warm especially at the finger. the heater is ok but it's pointless if the gloves isn't warm or able to keep the warm. have to return this one and give outdoor research a try.