Temporarily Out Of Stock
Don't get too bummed. This item is on the way and will be available for purchase as soon as it rolls into the warehouse.
Can't wait? Consider one of the other Alpine Touring Skis we have in stock.View Similar Products
Speed is your friend.
For speedy ascents, big traverses, and multi-day trips, Black Diamond created the Route 88 Ski. BD's new Route series is a more versatile, damper, and stiffer version of their well-known Helio series—not to mention at a much lower price-point. The Route 88 is the thinnest and lightest member of the fleet, enabling you to move through the alpine quickly and efficiently.
When designing a lightweight touring ski, Black Diamond made sure they didn't sacrifice downhill performance. Constructed with a poplar wood core and a pre-preg fiberglass layup, the Route 88 is springy and playful, while maintaining torsional rigidity and stiffness, ensuring a smooth descent in all kinds of conditions. The early rise tip keeps you afloat in fresh snow, and camber underfoot keeps you stable and controlled while you're ripping turns down a chute. Plus, you'll be stoked about the short, snappy turn radius when it's time to put your jump turns to the test at the top of a gnarly entrance.
- A lightweight touring ski for big days and multi-day trips
- 88mm waist handles firm snow and technical lines
- Early rise tip keeps you afloat in fresh snow
- Camber underfoot handles firm, variable conditions
- Poplar wood core is springy and playful
- Pre-preg fiberglass layup maintains torsional rigidity
- Short, snappy turn radius for maneuvering sketchy terrain
- Item #BLD00PA