Recon Stretch Bib Ski Pant
Whether you're earning your turns or lapping lifts, the Recon Stretch Bib Ski Pant from Black Diamond will keep you comfortable, moving, and dry. Its BD.dry waterproof membrane offers protection on stormy days while also providing breathability when you're on long tours in the backcountry. Four-way stretch fabric keeps you moving on the skin track and mobile through tree runs. An updated, low profile beacon pocket stows your avy gear when you venture out of bounds and thigh pockets store your daily necessities. Offset side venting dumps heat when you're boot-packing and lapping turns in deep powder while the high mounted snow gaiter keeps out those fresh flakes for day-long comfort in the snow.
- Bib pant for skiing the resort and backcountry
- BD.dry membrane breathes for comfort on strenuous ascents
- Water- and windproof construction protects during storms
- 4-way stretch for mobility on the ski track and in trees
- Updated, low profile beacon pocket carries avy gear
- Articulated joints and gusseted construction up mobility
- Integrated, removable belt provides secure coverage
- Offset side venting helps regulate temperature on the skin track
- Item #BLD010Z
- [membrane/laminate] BD.dry, [face fabric] 84% nylon, 16% elastane, DWR coating
- Waterproof Rating
- Breathability Rating
- fully sealed
- 2 zippered hand, 1 zippered bib
- integrated adjustable belt
- adjustable suspenders
- Side Zips
- right side
- Claimed Weight
- 2lb 0.4oz
- Recommended Use
- all-mountain skiing, all-mountain snowboarding, backcountry skiing, backcountry snowboarding, freeride/powder skiing, freeride/powder snowboarding, park & freestyle skiing, park & freestyle snowboarding, ski mountaineering
What do you think about this product?
December 3, 2020
Poor suspender design
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 6` 0"
- 175 lbs
I purchased this not through Backcountry, but through Black Diamond's website. They refused to post my review. Seems they only want to post positive ones. My second day using this bib, the point where the suspenders are stitched in the front completely tore off when I was simply taking it off. It held on by this small plastic/rubber piece that when stitched into, becomes more fragile which causes it to tear easily. BD's customer service/warranty claim also works at a snails pace and I don't even know if I'd get my money back. I would not even want to trade it in for a new one as I've seen their sponsored athlete, John Jackson wearing this and his suspenders were also about to come off via social media. It's a huge concern for me if this ripped off in the backcountry where it was made for.
February 13, 2021
I had the exact same issue. One strap broke after 4 days of use, the second strap after about a month. I submitted a claim with Black Diamond on December 20th, and I was promised a gift card in exchange for the bibs, but never received it (despite sending 3 follow-up emails to ask where it was). Incredibly frustrating.
November 7, 2020
Side zippers full-length, or at least long enough to take on/off with boots on feet? Drop seat for nature calls?
November 9, 2020
Hey Vaune, There is a full side zipper on the right hand side and zipper on the left hand side up to the thigh. The full side zip makes it easy for when nature calls. There is a fly zipper as well for when the other part of nature calls. I hope this helps!