Why We Like The Pipe Dream 45L Backpack
Black Diamond named the Pipe Dream 45L Backpack after Maple Canyon's popular climbing area, and it's perfect for chilling out between burns on your favorite climbing projects. The pack has plenty of space for your climbing gear and fuel so you can stay at the crag all day, and the three-point closure system helps the Pipe Dream open like a crash pad,
giving you and your gear a clean space to relax between routes. The lid is removable when you're hiking to reduce snags, and there are multiple pockets for smaller valuables. Internal gear loops prevent your draws from tumbling out on the approach. Weighing in at four pounds, the pack's beefy suspension system easily manages the load so you can relax in crag-side comfort.
- A unique crag pack to help you relax in cliffside comfort
- Padded suspension system delivers a pleasant hauling experience
- Closed cell foam boosts comfort between strenuous climbs
- Three-point closure system seals the 45L compartment with confidence
- Removable lid promotes a streamlined profile to reduce snags
- Internal gear loops secure equipment to and from the crag
- Zippered top and internal pockets organize valuables for easy access
- Item #BLD00BV
- 840D nylon, 1260D ballistic nylon
- 45L (2746cu in)
- Shoulder Straps
- Waist Belt
- adjustable, padded
- 1 zippered lid, 1 zippered internal mesh
- Gear Loops
- yes, internal
- Claimed Weight
- 4 lb
- Recommended Use
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
What do you think about this product?
October 24, 2015
This Bag Was Made for Sitting!
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I have only had the pleasure of using this bag a few times, but I felt that was enough for a review. I feel it is the perfect pack for a wide array of people, not just if you're sending hard projects and need somewhere to chill out for 30-45 min in-between burns. My personal favorite alternative use is the dog bed, it provides a nice soft spot for your dog to hang out rather then running around distracting you and other climbers. When it comes to loading the pack I use it like a rope bag with built in tarp. Roll it up, cinch it down, and go! If you are going to put your rope in it, I find it best to leave the rope bag at home and flake the rope onto the pack before rolling it up. Bring along a rope-tarp (Item # TRG000E) to keep my rope nice and clean, and allowing you to use the bag as it was intended, to chill. I highly recommend this pack for anyone looking for a new sport climbing pack!
May 9, 2015
Black Diamond Pipe Dream 45