Engineered with sending in mind.
Known for its commitment to the climbing community, Black Diamond brings years of engineering expertise to its Women's Momentum Climbing Shoes—flexible, comfortable, and durable shoes for the crag and rigorous gym training sessions. The Momentums were built with a slim, women-specific shape, a lower volume fit, and petite heel cup to keep these shoes snug as you send. A breathable and supportive Engineered Knit Technology upper helps these shoes stand out from the crowd while providing some much-needed ventilation in stuffy gyms. The shoe's flexible construction comfortably moves with your feet on the wall and won't stretch out after you've put these shoes through their paces. With a conscientious and effective rubber design, the soles raw rubber is molded in precisely layered strips to optimize durability and grip so you can stick to tiny chips and smear with ease.
- Neutral climbing shoe for vertical training and day-long comfort
- Women-specific last with snug heel offers a secure, snug fit
- Knit upper is breathable, stretchy, and retains shape after wear
- Durable rubber designed for mastering precise footwork sequences
- Soft midsole with added sensitivity for comfort during training sessions
- Hook-and-loop closure for easy on and off between climbs
- Item #BLD00QT
- Q & A
Trad and Routes
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I'm bouldering in this photo of me is, but I would quickly get these for easy sport and trad. I would size differently though. For long trad days, get your shoe size. If you want a more aggressive fit for single pitch sport, or gym climbing. go down 1/2 a size.
I think the fabric is going to be a gamechanger, for summer climbing, especially trad. Breathability in shoes is much needed, in the climbing world. So, I'll be excited to try these in warmer temps.
There isn't a break in period with these, which is awesome.
The edging and rubber is great. But, I don't yet know how it will wear, over time.