Our Ski & Ride Guide—
Select a size:
Helio Carbon 104 Ski
The Helio Carbon collection of backcountry skis consists of Black Diamond's lightest planks for alpine touring, and the Helio Carbon 104 Ski is one of the most versatile in the bunch. The second-widest Helio Carbon, this ski certainly has a penchant for powder but can rip icy chutes or aprons with variable snow as well as powder. Black Diamond designed it with an early rise at the tip so you can navigate deep powder with ease whether you're on the skin track or the descent, and a bit of camber underfoot works with the slightly rockered tail to employ a versatile performance whether you're edging down icy couloirs or cruising spring crud. The Helio Carbon is made of light paulownia wood and a pre-preg carbon layup for increased stiffness at the lowest weight possible. Full-perimeter ABS sidewalls maximize durability and are easy to tune when you blow a side out on some shark hidden in the pow. The ABS tail protector has a clip-in for climbing skins, and a titanal plate adds binding retention underfoot for greater strength.
- Black Diamond's premier ultralight backcountry ski rides everything
- 104mm waist is the second-widest and most versatile Helio Carbon
- Early rise tip initiates solid performance in powder
- Camber underfoot and rockered tip shaped to ride variable snow, too
- Ultralight wood core laid up with pre-preg carbon for stiffness
- Full-perimeter ABS sidewalls optimize durability and edge control
- ABS tail protector and titanal binding reinforcements
- Item #BLDZ9AP
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
Sorry, we don’t currently have any of those types of reviews for this product.