Helio 95 Ski
Devour vertical feet on the ascent and slay the descent with the voracious Helio 95 Ski, the mid-width offering from Black Diamond's technically-focused ski mountaineering line. The redesigned pre-preg carbon fiber layup provides a generous helping of torsional stiffness and improved dampness for a smooth feel, and progressive, balanced flex that's forgiving in soft snow but can still stand up to hard pack. An endlessly versatile 95mm waist width is complemented with a medium turn radius that's just as comfortable in tight couloirs as it is on sprawling, untouched powder fields.
The Helio's profile consists of an early rise tip and tail for float in powder and efficiency when you're breaking trail, and camber underfoot to give you a reliable edge hold on boilerplate steeps. An ultralight engineered balsa flax wood core maintains the ski's staggering lightness so you can propel yourself to the most remote objectives with the least amount of drudgery, while ABS sidewalls keep the ski staggeringly strong, and stiff on the technical descents that you dream of.
- Ultralight ski for quick ascents and technical descents
- Versatile 95mm waist width floats in powder and is agile on hardpack
- Rockered tip and tail breaks trail and floats in soft snow
- Underfoot camber grips firm snow with ease
- Featherlight balsa flax wood core makes climbing a breeze
- Redesigned carbon fiber layup improves dampness for a smooth feel
- Durable ABS sidewalls provide reliable edge hold and stiffness
- Skin clip tab ensures skins stay in place
- Item #BLD00UL