Distance 15 Backpack
- Daypack designed for running, trekking, and alpine climbing
- Running vest shoulder straps with soft flask and nutrition pockets
- BD Dry back panel wicks moisture, dries quickly, and ventilates
- Water-resistant main compartment with quick top flap access
- Internal stretch mesh divider holds hydration reservoirs
- Dual ice tool/trekking pole carry systems
- Deploy pocket sized to fit Black Diamond's Deploy Wind Shell Jacket
- Item #BLD00YK
What do you think about this product?
September 24, 2019
so far so good
I resumed some run-commuting after more than ten years of not doing it. When I stopped, the packs I was using were very long top to bottom and very stiff in the back, so I had to run with a very straight posture that was uncomfortable. Packs like this one are very different from those and worlds better for the use I make of them. I run between 4.5 and 5.5 miles, and while this bounces a little, the bounce is well within the tolerable range. I'm puzzled by the earlier review complaining about the tightness. I'm probably a little bulkier than that person--I'm 6' 0" and 195 lbs.--and I wish I could make it tighter. I wear a 43 or 44 suit jacket, but I wonder if the medium size would work better than the large I bought. My only problem is that the capacity is not quite large enough, but I can't complain about that since the capacity is exactly as described. For reference, once I put my pants, shirt, and office shoes in this, there is just barely room for a medium-sized book. If you need to carry more than that on a commute, this might not be the bag for you. (I just bought a bigger pack, but haven't yet had a chance to use it.) All in all, this seems to me well-designed and to work just as you would want it to.
May 13, 2019
Fits like a straitjacket.
I'm 6'2" and 195 lbs so I ordered the Large. It's the biggest size it comes in. This thing was difficult to get on and impossible to get off. I was wearing a T shirt and light fleece. There are some adjustments that can be made but not a whole lot. I'm printing the return label now.