There are plenty of Cirques to skin to.
Despite being one of Black Diamond's lightest, the Cirque 35 Backpack boasts enough space for backcountry tours and ski mountaineering missions. Designed for minimalists backcountry skiers and ski mountaineers, the Cirque features only the basics but still retains a full-featured design. It carries skis diagonally or at an A-frame, as well as your helmet, avalanche safety gear, ice axes, and even a climbing rope.
Although streamlined for minimalists, the Cirque still sports innovative technology that doesn't add a whole lot of weight to your back. The SwingArm shoulder straps and stretch waist belt provide active suspension and a streamlined fit. The Cirque is compatible with Black Diamond's AvaLung and SilNylon lid pocket for added safety and capacity when traveling in avalanche terrain.
- Black Diamond's ultralight backcountry pack for ski mountaineering
- Mid-size capacity hauls plenty of gear for full-day tours
- SwingArm shoulder straps and stretchy waist belt move with you
- Integrated avalanche gear compartment for probe and shovel
- Tuck-away diagonal and A-frame ski carry
- Stowable helmet flap secures brain bucket
- Ice axe PickPockets with tuck-away rope strap
- Item #BLD00L5
- Q & A
The perfect size pack!
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
This is the perfect size pack for your weekend in the skin track. It is super light weight and has plenty of room for all of your avy gear, layers, and snacks. It is super light weight and allows you to access your gear with ease. I even use it in the summer as my crag bag!
Great Lightweight Pack
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I'll be using this pack for touring in the wasatch. Took it out for a hike to make sure it was comfortable and dialed in the fit. I have a longer torso at 19"and the m/l fits me great. It's very similar to the previous generation Alias pack but with a better closure system to limit the amount of snow that gets in. It is lacking the top lid like the Alias, but I actually took mine off and never used it. Overall I think this pack will be my go to pack for day tours and ski mountaineering objectives. Love the fact that I have the option between a-frame skis or diagonal carry.