Select Style & Size
- Another innovation to Black Diamond's best-selling Camalots
- RigidFlex stem doesn't bend under tension while being retracted
- OmniFlex construction ensures uniform flexes across all sizes
- Narrower heads allow for tighter constrictions in smaller placements
- Sandblasted lobes increase holding power
- Dynex sling is slim, durable, and comes in unique colorways
- Item #BLDZ97M
- Placement Range
-  7.5 - 11.8mm [0.1] 8.8 - 13.8mm [0.2] [10.4 - 16.3mm [0.3] 12.4 - 22.6mm [0.4] 15.3 - 27.7mm [0.5] 18.8 - 33.9mm [0.75] 23.1 42.1mm- 42.1mm
-  5kN [0.1] 5kN [0.2] 6kN [0.3] 8kN [0.4] 9kN [0.5] 10kN [0.75] 10kN
- Cam Lobes
- Claimed Weight
-  1.51oz [0.1] 1.58oz [0.2] 1.69oz [0.3] 1.9oz [0.4] 2.15oz [0.5] 2.71oz [0.75] 3.28oz
- Recommended Use
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
What do you think about this product?
January 12, 2021
.75 (green) Z4
- I've used it several times
I picked up the green .75 Z4 as the fourth piece of my newly blossoming rack. I was recommended the Z4 over the C4 from staff at my local climbing gym due to its narrower profile, lighter weight, and that it was only $5 more. The action is far from sticky, but the stem can be a little bendy if that makes any sense. I have only placed this piece once since I am still a new trad climber but I felt confident placing it and it placed and held really well. Over all would recommend, I unfortunately don't know how it compares to UL Masters, Aliens, or Totems but initial first impressions are solid.
April 26, 2020
First impressions and comparisons
Interesting and promising design- big improvements made over previous BD cams. Much lighter and narrower head width than X4s. In fact, the .4 Z4 is the same weight as the Ultralight .4 with a much smaller head width (see photo), cheaper price, and itâs rated 1kn more- basically rendering the UL .4 obsolete. The head width and expansion range is basically the same as the .8 (yellow) Totem, although the Totem likely has it beat in effective expansion range but is also 20 grams heavier. Interestingly the Z4 has a slightly different lobe shape (more squared at the back) than previous BD cams. Another difference is the distance from trigger to head is slightly longer than previous BD cams (itâs about the same as a Totem) allowing for a little more reach for those hard to get to placements. All things considered, a well thought out design that seemed to try to incorporate some of the Totem advantages (mainly head width) with the time tested BD design and with a couple new innovations thrown in.
August 27, 2020
Thanks, Joshua! This was super helpful!
January 31, 2021
Thx Joshua. That is great feedback and very helpful.
January 31, 2021
Whats the main difference between the C4 line and the Z4 line? Thx