BoundaryLine Insulated Jacket
Out of Black Diamond's entire collection of ski shells, the Men's BoundaryLine Insulated Jacket is by the far the warmest option for the coldest days of the season. Black Diamond's BD.dry membrane boasts high waterproof, breathable ratings to keep comfy when you're getting after it on powder days. Thermolite insulation provides performance-ready warmth fit for demanding skiers. There are ventilation zippers under each sleeve to amplify airflow, and the powder skirt keeps you covered on the deepest days of the year.
- Black Diamond's best ski shell for the coldest days of the season
- BD.dry membrane with fully sealed seams and high waterproof ratings
- Thermolite synthetic insulation is performance-ready for skiing
- Ventilation zippers under each sleeve amplify airflow
- Powder skirt ensures solid coverage when the snow's soft and deep
- Adjustments at cuffs, hem, and ski helmet compatible hood
- Item #BLD011B
- [membrane/laminate] BD.dry, [face fabric] 100% polyester, [lining] 20D nylon, DWR coating
- 60g Thermolite TL
- Waterproof Rating
- Breathability Rating
- fully sealed
- Center Back Length
- 2 zippered hand, 1 zippered sleeve pass,1 zippered chest
- underarm zips
- Powder Skirt
- internal stretch
- Claimed Weight
- 1lb 13.4oz
- Recommended Use
- all-mountain skiing, all-mountain snowboarding, backcountry skiing, backcountry snowboarding, freeride/powder skiing, freeride/powder snowboarding, park & freestyle skiing, park & freestyle snowboarding, ski mountaineering
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
February 7, 2020
Fits Well - Nice Material
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 5` 9"
- 165 lbs
For reference, I'm 5'9 and ~165 lbs., and the medium fits great (it's slightly long in the torso but fits perfectly once the draw-chord hem is synched up). I haven't had a chance to wear it outdoors yet, but my initial expectations have been exceeded. The material is soft to the touch/stretchy-ish, yet feels very rugged. Once opened up, the jacket has a snow goggle mesh pouch inside the left side, and an inside zipper also on the left side that looks great to hold a phone etc. The chest pocket is very roomy and deep as well. I put on my Patagonia down sweater underneath it to see how well it layers, and it still feels roomy and stretchy (I bought this primarily as a ski jacket/shell). The Patagonia down sweater would probably be the heaviest mid-layer I would use underneath it, so anything smaller/lighter underneath this would work perfectly. Overall, I'm very pleased with the material and am looking forward to using it in the snow.
December 5, 2019
Simply false advertising
- I returned this product before using it
- Runs large
It's just a piece of thin cloth, it could be worn in June or July, but not in winter unless you put it over sheepskin coat. What a joke. Simply false advertising. Most importantly it's in a wrong category, it's not a jacket it's a shell, but it's tight so it will be difficult to put anything under the shell, so it's useless.
February 4, 2020
Thanks, really helpful review
December 22, 2020
I'm confused by your comment. You say it runs large but yet you can't fit anything underneath?
January 8, 2020
Does this jacket have a hook or loop to attach to pants? Similar systems can be found on Patagonia and TNF ski jackets and pants.
Joshua J Mountain
January 16, 2020
Hey SCO, This jacket does not. If you have any other questions or need assistance with an existing order or placing an order, please feel free to contact us on Chat or call us at 1-800-409-4502. Thanks!