Blitz 28L Backpack
Optimized for lightweight alpine missions, the Black Diamond Blitz 28 Backpack carries your rope, ice tools, hydration bladder, and climbing essentials in streamlined style. One-handed closure facilitates quick, easy loading when time is of the essence. The removable hip belt and bivy pad offer greater weight savings on fast and light missions. Dynex construction reduces the pack's overall weight while maintaining the rugged durability essential for long days at the crag, minimalist summit quests, and alpine adventures alike.
The pack's 28-liter capacity offers plentiful room for all your climbing and alpine gear—all without excess bulk when you're moving fast in the alpine. Its hydration-compatible design allows convenient drinking when you're pushing yourself at high altitudes. Furthermore, there's a waterproof top lid pocket for protecting your smartphone, GPS device, and sensitive items from heavy rain and snow. Pick Pockets carry your ice tools externally, making this pack a great addition for tackling mixed routes of rock and ice.
- Top-loading pack for alpine missions and climbing
- Dynex material reduces weight and maintains durability
- Removable waist belt and bivy pad for greater weight savings
- One-handed closure for easy loading on time-sensitive routes
- Hydration-compatible design (bladder not included)
- Pick Pockets carry two ice tools externally
- Waterproof top lid pocket for sensitive items
- Item #BLD00MI
- Dynex (210D PE, 200D PE)
- 28L (1700cu in)
- Shoulder Straps
- Adjustable, ergonomically shaped
- Waist Belt
- adjustable waist belt and sternum strap
- 1 main compartment, 1 waterproof top lid, 1 internal zippered
- Ice Axe Carry
- 2 ice tool Pick Pockets
- Claimed Weight
- Recommended Use
- alpine & expedition, climbing
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
What do you think about this product?
June 15, 2017
Blitz the Crag/Summit
- I've put it through the wringer
This pack is bomberrr! I bought it to use as a multipitch bag for the summer & a summit pack for mountaineering in the winter. So far this thing has performed above expectations. This pack will fit everything you need for a summer sesh a the crag. I use the 20L bag as my multipitch bag w/ draws, a rack of cams/nuts, helmet & water then throw your rope and cinch it in with the rope strap on top. BD's Dynex material is durable and can withstand a beating. I highly recommend this pack!
July 9, 2019
Is this big enough to transport a 70m rope? A 35m rope? Would it work well for canyoneering and/or multi-pitch trad or sport climbing?