Why We Like The Approach Down Hoody
Ultralight and stowable, the Approach Down Hoody from Black Diamond always joins us on the wall to help keep those brisk winds from turning our lips blue while our partner susses the next pitch. This jacket allows us to stay unconcerned about rough rock surfaces shredding our warmth with its ripstop shell and ultra-durable finish protecting the lofty, down-packed interior. Plus, this jacket's down is hydrophobic to help keep us warm, even when wet, should an unexpected rainstorm pass through our adventure.
- Packable down jacket for chilly crag days and alpine missions
- Rugged material provides quick-drying performance
- Water-resistant finish fends off light precipitation
- Hydrophobic down provides compressible, lightweight insulation
- Elasticated hood offers additional warmth
- Zippered pockets keep smaller essentials at hand
- Stuffs into own pocket with carabiner loop for easy stashing
- Fits both over a hoody and under a shell for year-round use
- Item #BLD010F
- [face fabric] 100% 10Dx7D ripstop nylon, GTT Empel Breathable Water Protection (PFC-free DWR finish), [lining] 100% 10D nylon, DWR finish
- 800-fill RDS-certified HyperDry goose down (90% down, 10% feather)
- Center Back Length
- [small] 28in
- elasticated, fixed
- 1 zippered hand, 1 stowable zippered hand, 1 zippered chest
- Claimed Weight
- Manufacturer Warranty
- climbing, mountaineering
What do you think about this product?
August 13, 2021
What is the fill weight of this jacket?