For fast-moving alpinists.
- Incredibly lightweight, stretchy wind layer for alpine outings
- Schoeller stretch-woven fabric is highly flexible
- Nanosphere technology repels moisture and enhances breathability
- Slim fit keeps performance fabric close to skin
- Stretch cuffs and adjustable drawcord customize protection
- Packs into its own chest pocket for easy storage
- Item #BLD00Q5
- Q & A
Go To MTB Jacket!
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Large
- Height: 6'0"
- Weight: 195lbs
I've had this jacket for over a year now, and it has been incredible for spring and fall mountain biking. It's comfy, fits trim enough that it's not flapping in the wind too much, but soft and stretchy so it's still comfortable. And most importantly, it's quite breathable so you don't roast in it when you're pedaling. In exchange for that benefit you do give up some waterproof-ness, it's not a full on rain jacket, but and rain storm strong enough to get through this is also strong enough to make our trails muddy here in Utah so I'm not riding anyway. For light rain it works great. Only reason not to get this would be if you live somewhere where you do ride in strong rain regularly and need something fully waterproof.
I'm 6' 195lbs, wear Large or XL depending on how something fits, this in a Large is perfect to wear over a bike jersey without having too much excess material.
Would also be great for ski touring, running, etc.. It isn't my go-to for hiking though due to the lack of hand pockets.
Light and comfortable
I really like this jacket for climbing. A good weight for days where you just need something to keep the wind off. The material is very comfortable, so totally good with short sleeves underneath. It also has a little stretch thatâs good for moving. Packs into the pocket and you can clip it if you want. Havenât worn it in wet conditions yet.