Start Earning Rewards Now—
Select a size:
Why We Like The Vastus Freebird Alpine Touring Ski
Around two pounds per plank, the Black Crows Vastus Freebird Alpine Touring Ski is most certainly an ultralight option for technical ascents on high-altitude mountaineering missions. Despite its ultralight weight, the ski stands out to us because of its moderately stiff flex which supplies surprisingly capable downhill performance. This balanced flex profile is achieved by a paulownia wood core that's beefed up with carbon stringers, providing a supportive flex pattern at an astonishingly low weight.
Its 76mm waist excels on firmer snow found in high altitudes, and the extra long camber maintains edge control down steep, icy chutes. The ski’s short radius supplies intuitive handling and maneuverability in the tight couloirs that tend to attract ski mountaineers.
- Ultralight touring skis suited for randonee and ski mountaineers
- 76mm waist is quick edge-to-edge and bites into steep faces
- Early rise rocker in the tip planes over soft and variable snow
- Cap construction brings the weight down to an absolute minimum
- Titanal binding plate supplies reliable durability for heavy usage
- Freeride flat tail is easy to jump-turn in steep skiing conditions
- Item #BKC004W
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
Sorry, we don’t currently have any of those types of reviews for this product.