Turn powder filled terrain into your playground by clicking into the floaty, surfy, and freestyle minded Black Crows Nocta Ski. This fat 122mm waisted ski features a reverse camber profile, long turn radius, and lightweight construction to create a mind melting freestyle powder ski that will never hold you back.
The personality of this ski is really defined by how the reverse camber profile and long turn radius work together to provide a stable and nimble ski. The reverse camber profile, also known as a full rocker profile, floats exceptionally well in powder by raising the tail and tip like a boat. A side effect of this heavy rocker is that you have a shorter effective edge, allowing you to pivot and smear turns for micro adjustments in trees or on pillows giving you nimble control when you need it most. The downside to this is fully rockered skis sometimes feel unstable and squirrely at high speeds, which the Nocata counteracts with a 26m turn radius. This long radius provides stability during high speed edging by essentially lengthening the effective edge so that you can charge backcountry lines in confidence. Finally a paulownia and poplar core provides a lightweight and responsive feel that saves your legs on short tours while remaining durable and flexing consistently when riding in-bounds.
- Powder-specific freestyle ski is for playful skiers seeking deepness
- 122mm waist floats above the snow even on the deepest storm days
- Reverse camber profile offers a surfy feel in pow and pivots on a dime
- Paulownia and poplar core supply a manageable weight for sidecountry
- Long turn radius encourage you to arc long stylish carves on the fall-line
- Semi-cap construction is durable for heavy use over many seasons
- Item #BKCB023
- 177.6, 185.5, 190.6cm
- [177.6cm] 139 / 122 / 132mm, [185.5cm] 140 / 122 / 132mm, [190.6cm] 140 / 122 / 134mm
- Turn Radius
- paulownia, poplar
- Claimed Weight
- [185.5cm] 4lb 6.5oz
- Recommended Use
- freeride/powder skiing
What do you think about this product?