Coming from the mean streets of Chamonix, Black Crows is making killer skis that push the envelope just enough to keep things interesting. Exhibit 1A is the Navis Ski, which is a reasonably traditional all-mountain charger that's been tweaked in a few key spots to make it a little more versatile and fun. Wanting to blend stability with quickness, Black Crows built it with a semi-cap construction that employs ABS sidewalls that taper to a cap construction toward the tip and tail, giving you tons of edge bite underfoot with a quick, poppy feel in the extremities. This construction works in concert with Black Crows' combination of camber underfoot and rocker in the tip and tail that enable the Navis to feel solid in variable snow, float in pow, and quickness in tight spots, so you can rally the whole mountain without sweating the small stuff.
Black Crows also built the Navis with a poplar wood core, which is light and energetic, and laid it up with multiple layers of fiberglass to keep things stable when you're maching through chunder or hitting big lines at high speeds. The tip and tail have gentle taper, which prevents them from hanging up when you're riding in soft snow, so you can throw 'em sideways like bigger powder boards without worrying about getting bucked.
- Everyday charged for riders who demand versatility and control
- 102mm waist is controllable in most conditions, quick edge to edge
- Blend of rocker and camber creates edge hold, pivot, and float
- Medium turn radius is stable at speed, eases edging when needed
- Semi-cap construction blends power, flex, and edge hold
- Poplar core creates a powerful, damp, and responsive platform
- Sintered base helps you skip across flat areas and alpine lakes
- Item #BKC004Q
What do you think about this product?