3 Days Only!
Select a size:
Ferox Freebird Ski
With the Ferox Freebird Ski Black Crows decided to take the shape and profile of a big mountain charger and inject it with a lightweight touring frame to enable you to charge, edge, and float like you do at the resort, without limiting where you can take it. The in-bounds shape and profile starts with a beefy 110mm waist that doesn't know what "too deep" means. This teams up with a blend of rocker and camber that floats in powder and edges on firm pack, all while providing pivoting control in tight areas. Added to that is a stable-at-speed 21m turn radius that still allows you to carve tight turns when you find a glorious wind buffed face or find yourself on some surprisingly icy terrain. Basically this shape mimics your favorite, most trustworthy in-bounds charger.
To encourage your sense of adventure and allow you to go anywhere the construction of this ski starts to venture into the lightweight category without limiting performance. Black Crow's standard poplar core is injected with weight saving paulownia, and Isocore, which is basically a fiberglass and polyurethane laminate that ensures you still have reliable response and rebound, without limiting your uphill capabilities. To save additional weight these sticks boast a 3D shape that features a "H" shaped cut out in the tip that is reinforced with carbon fiber. This allows the ski to feature less material while remaining torsionally rigid and maintaining a consistent flex that helps you ski as hard as you want, and still have enough energy for another lap.
- Touring weight ski that offers in-bounds feel and performance
- 110mm waist offers exceptional float and edge to edge control
- Blend of rocker and camber floats, edges, and pivots like a dream
- Medium turn radius blends nimble control with stability at speed
- Paulownia stringers and Isocore cut down on weight in the core
- 3D shape eliminates some material to lighten the load
- Carbon fiber laminates maintain torsional rigidity, consistent flex
- Skin clip ready tail keeps you moving forward on the skin track
- Item #BKC004L
- 170cm, 176cm, 181cm, 186cm
- [170cm] 135 / 110 / 126mm [176cm] 135 / 110 / 126mm [181cm] 136 / 110 / 126mm [186cm] 137 / 110 / 127mm
- Turn Radius
- rocker / camber / rocker
- poplar, paulownia, isocore
- fiberglass, carbon fiber
- slightly raised, skin clip recieving
- Claimed Weight
- [181cm] 7lb 14oz (3572g)
- all-mountain skiing, freeride/powder skiing, telemark skiing
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
Sorry, we don’t currently have any of those types of reviews for this product.