Daemon Birdie Ski
The Black Crows Women's Daemon Birdie Ski is a hard-charging daily driver that has your back any day of the season. Although it may not be a burly boat that surfs over snorkel-deep blower, the 99mm waist keeps you afloat in the soft stuff while remaining solid and responsive while you're carving hardpack.
The poplar wood core is light and playful for when you feel like giving it a good huck, and a layer of Titanal under two thirds of the ski combines a stiff and stable flex underfoot with a more progressive flex in the tip and tail. The full reverse camber makes for quick and easy turn initiation while you're dodging tight trees or maneuvering through a tight entrance, while semi-capped sidewalls combine durability with a low swing weight.
- A playful daily driver for ripping freeride skiers
- 99mm waist can handle a variety of conditions
- Full reverse camber for easy turn initiation
- Poplar wood core is lively and playful
- Titanal laminate for a solid flex underfoot
- Sitting in the shadow of Mont Blanc, Chamonix-based Black Crows knows a thing or two about big-mountain skiing
- Item #BKC003F
- Q & A
These skis RIP!
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
These skis are a full rocker and have a sheet of titanal so they do great in off-trail pow and chop. They're quick to turn and can plow through stuff in the backseat. They don't pop you out of turns on groomers quite like a cambered ski does, but it still carves a good turn. If you're an advanced skier who spends most of her time off trail, these are the skis for you!