We all have our white whale, yours is just bigger, whiter, and snowier than most—we're talking about mountains, by the way. Chamonix-based Black Crows shares your obsession with skiing every day and it knows that means having a harpoon in your quiver that will pierce everything from groomers and bumps to the hardpack and slush you'll encounter off-piste on any given day. If the mountain is your white whale, consider the Camox Ski the vessel by which you'll slay that big white beast.
The Camox's mid-fat waist, semi-cap construction, and progressive Double Rocker profile lends itself well to all-mountain slaying. A 97mm waist width is narrow enough to roll from edge-to-edge on groomers, but plenty wide enough to hold its own off-piste on harder, days-old snow. Camber underfoot and tip and tail rocker make the ski stable, yet playful whether you're carving down the frontside, or skiing chalky chutes on the backside. If you're familiar with the Black Crows lineup, then you'll recognize a lot of similarities between the Camox and the Atris. In fact, the Camox is a scaled-down version of the Atris with playful poplar core and slightly softer flex for more forgiving turn initiation. Like the Atris, the semi-cap construction consists of rigid ABS sidewalls underfoot that taper into a cap construction in the tip and tail for reduced swing weight, as well as a slightly more forgiving feel, which is good when you're skiing in conditions that will swallow you whole if you mess up.
- Versatile and easily controlled firm snow sticks
- 97mm waist is versatile but really thrives on firmer old snow
- Medium turn radius boosts stability without hurting maneuverability
- Mix of rocker and camber creates nimble control and stability
- Poplar wood core boosts response, power, and durability
- Semi-cap construction keeps the swingweight down for added control
- Comfortable and friendly flex allows you to manipulate the ski
- Item #BKC004D
What do you think about this product?