Select style & size:Select options
Camox Freebird Ski
When you think of a ski resort, you think of endless lift lines, 50 dollar cheeseburgers, and lift ticket prices that are into triple digits. If this sounds like prison to you, may we suggest that you step into the Black Crows Camox Freebird Ski and find some sanctuary deep in the backcountry. Since escaping crowds and finding the best backcountry lines means that you're going to have to put some extra miles beneath your skins, you'll appreciate the Camox's lightweight construction and mid-fat width that thrives on everything from mid-winter pow to post storm hardpack and spring corn.
Built on the same platform of Black Crows' Camox ski, the Freebird version sheds weight thanks to a lightweight paulownia core and a semi-cap construction, which combines the power of ABS sidewalls underfoot with a lightweight cap construction in the tip and tail of the ski. The Camox may be a touring ski, but it isn't all about making tightly-linked turns down mellow slopes. Its rockered tip and wide shovel give it plenty of float to surf through powder, while the slightly raised tail gives it the ability to pivot in tight spots, without making it feel washy on the hardpack. The 97mm waist moves quickly and easily from edge-to-edge, which is good because long tours and big descents have a way of wearing legs down.
- Lightweight touring specific ski that loves the up and the down
- 96mm waist blends weight savings, edge to edge performance, float
- Progressive rocker in the tip floats in pow, camber edges well
- Short turn radius helps you navigate tight trees and chutes
- Paulownia core creates a lightweight but responsive platform
- Titanal reinforcements boost screw hold for binding retention
- Carbon fiber laminate stiffens up the flex while staying light
- Slightly raised tail is good for skins and sticking in the snow
- Item #BKC004C
What do you think about this product?