Temporarily Out Of Stock
Don't get too bummed. This item is on the way and will be available for purchase as soon as it rolls into the warehouse.
Can't wait? Consider one of the other Alpine Touring Skis we have in stock.View Similar Products
Those turns better be good ones.
You aren't going to earn your turns if those turns aren't soft, dry, and blower—lucky for you, there are always hidden stashes to slay, and the voluptuously light Black Crows Anima Freebird Ski helps you tour as far as you have to in order to find pow to play down. Its wide waist offers sublime flotation, and the heavily rockered tip and tail let you navigate down powdery pillow drops with ease. Black Crows added a touch of camber underfoot for easier maneuverability.
Like any backcountry ski, the Anima Freebird is as light as Black Crows could make it—without interfering with the downhill performance, of course. Barely reaching over eight pounds per pair, the Anima Freebird is impressively light for such a fat ski. This ski owes its lightness to the paulownia wood core, and Black Crows added a bit of poplar to keep the ski poppy and playful. The core also contains fiberglass and carbon laminates to add rigidity without adding much weight. Another backcountry-friendly update from the heavier Anima Ski is the tapered tip and tail, which accommodate skins better.
- A touring ski specifically designed to ride powder
- Wide 115mm waist offers sublime float on deep days
- Heavily rockered tip and tail assures easy control in deeps
- Low camber underfoot eases maneuverability on skintrack
- Light wood core constructed of paulownia and poplar
- Triaxial and biaxial fiberglass laminates with carbon stringer
- Durable ABS sidewalls with capped tip and tail
- Item #BKC001Q
- Q & A
Anima Freebird Skis 2017
Backcountry Double Rocker Skis