Select Style & Size
Sun-scorched campsites and rainy days at music festivals call for the adaptable shade and protection of the Big Agnes Whetstone Shelter. This ingenious shelter features adjustable webbing along the sides so you can quickly block the moving sun or protect yourself from fast-moving storms at a moment's notice. Durable polyester provides ample protection from the sun and elements, complete with fully taped seams that won't leak once it starts to rain.
It includes a footprint, so you won't have to sit on the dewy grass at your campsite or get sand all over yourself when you're lounging on the beach. Lightweight aluminum poles provide a sturdy structure, complete with four aluminum stakes for securing it to the ground surface below. Additionally, you'll find four interior mesh pockets for all your valuables when you're kicking back outside or even camping out in balmy conditions where bugs aren't a nuisance.
- Ingenious shelter for lounging outside, festivals, and beach days
- Adjustable webbing along sides for shifting its protective walls
- Durable polyester construction blocks the sun, wind, and rain
- Seams are sealed with PU tape for waterproof protection
- Lightweight aluminum poles and four stakes for sturdy pitch
- Included footprint so you won't have to sit on the ground
- Four internal mesh pockets secure your valuables
- Item #BAG00DY
- lightweight aluminum poles
- Poles Included
- fully sealed with waterproof, solvent-free tape
- Interior Height
- [small] 45in, [large] 52in
- [small] 106 x 77in, [large] 133 x 100in
- Floor Space
- [small] 28sq ft, [large] 46sq ft
- Packed Size
- [small] 3 x 19in, [large] 4 x 21in
- Packed Weight
- [small] 2lb 14oz, [large] 3lb 15oz
- Trail Weight
- [small] 2lb, [large] 2lb 13oz
- Recommended Use
- weekend camping
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
August 29, 2018
- I've used it several times
This shelter is awesome. Given the weight, you probably won't take it along with a tent to go backpacking but for days at the park or beach, this is great. Set up is simple with two pole sleeves and grommets. Construction is bombproof. When used with the floor, there is a fourth point staked to the ground, so it's a little more stable. Set up in the wind can be tricky without a partner. If you're using it somewhere sandy like the beach, think about buying some longer stakes. Purchased the large size which easily fits a couple adults and a dog/kid or two. This shelter is going to be a mainstay for travel and car camping trips.
July 25, 2018
Works great but...
- I've used it several times
This is a good product and I've only used it a few times, but it seems like it's not in it for the long haul... It sets up easy enough but the fabric has a tendency to bunch up on pinch both on setup and breakdown, and I could see it eventually tearing. The large is surprisingly big
June 5, 2018
Works well but ripped on second use
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I bought this as a bday present for my wife, so she and our baby can have some shade at the beach. We were pleased when we set it up for the first time, however it ripped they day after. I was pushing the tent poll through the fabric to set it up, and like a spear it poked a hold right through the fabric. I would be giving this product a five star if it was made a little hardier.
February 7, 2018
Big Agnes Whetstone Shelter
The Whetstone Shelter is the perfect accessory for long days at the beach, soccer tournaments, or music festivals. Rotate the shell with the sun for complete protection and use the mesh pockets to stash snacks, sunscreen, and coozies. Choose the size that suits you; set up is a breeze.