Sunbeam Sleeping Bag: 0 Degree Synthetic
The Big Agnes Sunbeam Sleeping Bag: 0 Degree Synthetic allows you to sleep comfortably on weekend camping or backpacking trips, then packs down small for convenient storage and transport. It's designed to stretch to accommodate a 20 to 25 inch wide sleeping pad to keep you on your pad for warmth and comfort throughout the entire night. Because of its water repellent finish and synthetic insulation, the Sunbeam ensures that you can stay warmer in wet conditions such as in foggy mornings and misty evenings. The bag is designed to keep you warm down to zero degrees Fahrenheit, but for added warmth also features interior fabric loops for a sleeping bag liner if you plan on sleeping in slightly colder temperatures.
Aside from warmth, the Sunbeam has additional features for comfort and convenience. For starters, its anti-snag zipper allows a smooth, quick zip and the Free Range Hood and foot box allow you to lift your head and wiggle your feet. A pillow barn secures your pillow throughout the night even when you toss and turn and an internal hood drawcord provides you with a secure and comfortable fit when it is cinched. Finally, when it's time to move camp, the whole bag compresses down small into its stuff sack for convenient transport.
- Packable sleeping bag with comfort for backpacking and camping
- Durable ripstop fabric sheds moisture for dry comfort all night
- Polyester lining is soft against the skin for added comfort
- FireLine ECO insulation delivers a high warmth-to-weight ratio
- Flex Pad Sleeve keeps your sleeping pad secure through the night
- Pillow barn secures your pillow while you sleep for added comfort
- Free Range foot box allows wiggle room for your feet for warmth
- Stuff and storage sacks allow for simple, compressed packing
- Item #BAG00F5
- Responsible Collection
- [face fabric] 100% nylon ripstop, DWR treatment, [lining] 100% polyester
- FireLine Eco (100% recycled polyester)
- [petite] 60in YKK #5 anti snag locking zipper, [regular] 65in YKK #5 anti snag locking zipper
- Max User Height
- [petite] 5ft 6in, [regular] 5ft 10in
- Shoulder Circumference
- [petite] 63in, [regular] 66in
- Hip Circumference
- [petite] 57in, [regular] 60in
- Foot Circumference
- [petite] 43in, [regular] 46in
- Pad Retainer
- [petite] 20-25 x 66in, [regular] 20-25 x 72in
- Fill Weight
- [petite] 3lb 1oz, [regular] 3lb 7oz
- Storage Sack
- Stuff Sack
- polyester ripstop
- Stuff Size
- [petite] 8.5 x 9.5in, [regular] 8.5 x 10.5in
- Claimed Weight
- [petite] 3lb 10oz, [regular] 3lb 14oz
- Recommended Use
- backpacking, weekend camping
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
October 27, 2019
- I've used it several times
I used this bag on fall desert trip when the temps got down to freezing at night (I am a very cold person). This sleeping bag has a lot of bells and whistles which is really nice, but I would only recommend it for car camping because of how much it weighs and the amount of space it takes up. It is the Cadillac of sleeping bags, but sometimes you just need a Subaru. PROS -It has a sleeve that your sleeping pad slides into so that you don't roll off your pad in the middle of the night. -There is a pocket inside the sleeping bag for your cell phone so that it stays warm to preserve the battery life in cold temps. -It is synthetic, so it holds its warmth even if it gets wet. CONS -It takes up a lot of space, even in a stuff sack. -It is pretty heavy (good for car camping but not backpacking) Overall, I think it is a great bag for car camping, but if you are planning on doing any backpacking I would go with a down bag with less bells and whistles to save on space and weight.
October 7, 2019
comfy high five
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I demoed this bag for the weekend and it was great! I am 5'8 125lb and took the regular size, it was perfect. It was long enough and I had enough room without feeling cramped. The bag was very light weight and easily packed down. Very warm and VERY comfortable.
March 21, 2019
W's Synthetic System Bag w/FlexPadSleeve
Big Agnes System bags with FireLine™ ECO synthetic insulation offer a roomy, rectangle-shaped sleeping space with an integrated Flex Pad Sleeve on the bottom. With technical fabrics and construction, 100% recycled, super-warm insulation, and tons of comfort features, these comfortable sleeping bags are designed to be lightweight enough for backpacking but cozy enough you'll want them in the campground too. The contoured silhouette drapes the lofty insulation around your body preventing common cold spots, and Flow™ construction increases the thermal efficiency keeping you warm from head to roomy footbox. The Flex Pad Sleeve unites easily with your pad, and as you change positions over the course of the night, will keep you from rolling off your pad.