Select style & size:Select options
Onyx Tarp Carbon
- The lightest tarp from Big Agnes for backpacking
- Dyneema fabric is extremely durable and ruggedly rainproof
- Easton carbon strut included to increase headroom
- Non-freestanding designed requires one or two trekking poles
- Multiple guyout points change tarp's shape for versatile coverage
- Includes eight J-stakes, four guylines, and stuff sack with pole sleeve pocket
- Item #BAG00H5
- Q & A
Carbon Tent Repair Tips
How to repair a Big Agnes Carbon Series tent with the included repair kit.
Big Agnes Onyx Carbon Tarp
If your goal for shelter is to have a high performance, ultra-technical, ghostly lightweight tarp, then the Onyx Carbon with Dyneema® is your best choice. With a 6oz trail weight made up of Dyneema® Composite Fabrics (an extremely strong and dynamic fiber)--that is also 100% rainproof and highly tear resistant--this tarp is the perfect shelter for bikepackers, packrafters, and ultralight backpackers needing overhead coverage to the lightest degree. These products are intended for only the most advanced user. Although extremely strong for their weight, this tarp is not indestructible and requires careful use to decrease the possibility of damage. Special care during setup and extended trips is important as rough handling, long-term abrasion, exposure to sharp objects or rocky campsite selection may result in fabric punctures and tears. Self-adhesive repair patches are included in the event that repairs must be made on the trail.