Select your style & size:Select options
Big and burly base shelter.
Much more than just an oversized version of a smaller tent, the Big Agnes Flying Diamond 8 Tent is a strong and spacious base camp staple. With a sturdy design and plenty of room to stretch out, it can be used as a dining room at Everest base camp, a refuge from the wind on the Playa, or a sleeping area for the whole family on summer car camping trips.
Not only does this tent offer plenty of room to relax, it's also extra tall in the center so you can stand up comfortably, which is crucial when you're hunkered down for hours or days while waiting out a storm. A room divider lets mom and dad get a little separation from the kids, and it can easily be stowed when it's time for a family meal. The doors offer two closure options—one mesh door and one polyester layer—so you can keep the air flowing in summer or seal out the elements when facing winter conditions in the mountains. The fly itself has six vents to keep things from getting steamy and stinky when a big group of people are lounging around after an intense climbing mission or a long night of dancing at a festival. 16 interior mesh pockets keep everyone's smaller stuff separated so things don't get too chaotic. Whenever there's a big group involved you're going to want to bring the Flying Diamond 8 along for the adventure.
- Spacious shelter for big groups and base camps
- Taped seams and PU-coated fabrics seal out water
- Vestibule can be staked out as shade using trekking poles
- Stowable fabric wall separates tent into two rooms
- Color-coded pole ends, buckles, and webbing allow easy set up
- 20 aluminum hook stakes for secure attachment
- DAC pole system with press fit connectors
- Includes briefcase-style carry bag with shoulder straps
- Item #BAG00C0