Motivation for hibernation.
Packing a bag of wine might not be the best way to go ultralight, but knowing a belly full of grown-up grape juice and a warm night's sleep in the Big Agnes Encampment 15 Degree Synthetic Sleeping Bag is right around the corner will keep you going during a long day on the trail. Well-rounded, versatile, and at a price that won't ding your wine budget, the Encampment is a solid first bag for someone just building up their gear pile, and it will please the hardened backcountry veteran looking to add a synthetic bag to their quiver for those sometimes soggy adventures.
The Encampent's 15F temperature rating makes it well equipped to deal with mid-summer alpine temps and shoulder season backpacking trips when temperatures can easily duck below freezing. The bag's Hotstream synthetic insulation is composed almost entirely of recycled materials and will maintain insulating properties if the bag happens to get wet, so condensation won't have you waking up shivering. Throw any 20-inch wide rectangular sleeping pad in the full-length pad retainer to insulate yourself from the frigid ground and keep it from shifting around, and let your toes wiggle happily around in the spacious vaulted footbox after a long day of being crammed in stiff hiking boots.
- Reliable performance for any level of camper
- Hotstream insulation retains warmth when wet
- Tough and lightweight nylon fabric repels water
- Sculpted contour improves insulation performance
- Free Range hood lets you lift head without adjustment
- Left- and right-zip bags can be mated together
- Interior fabric loops for sleeping bag liners
- Big Agnes is inspired by its Rocky Mountain surroundings
- Item #BAG00AA